Pathways & Careers
The College has a dedicated website for Pathways & Careers. Please visit:
This dedicated site is an excellent resource for both students and families for everything concerning Pathways & Careers.
Individual counselling, career advice and support is available to all students throughout the College and becomes an integral part of study and subject selection processes from year 9.
The Careers Room (in VCE Centre) has large range of resources available for students to use.
- Computer Programs
- VTAC Web site
- VTAC Career Easy
- Job Guide
- Handbooks & Brochures – for most Victorian Tertiary Institutions and a few interstate Universities (Interstate University Booklets are available on overnight load from the Library)
- Directories & Guides
- Victorian Tertiary Entrance Requirements (VICTER)
- Directory of Higher Education
- VTAC Guide
- Other Resources - Books & Videos on a variety of Careers & work issues
- Job hunting skills & job information (inc. Parents Guide)
- Job Files on specific careers
- Victorian Careers Newspaper
- All students throughout the College complete Career Action Plans and these are used to assist students with developing their Pathway
VTAC Application Process
The VICTORIAN TERTIARY ADMISSION CENTRE (VTAC) handles tertiary applications and produces information for Year 12 students. The VTAC information can be obtained in print form or from their web site www.vtac.edu.au.
- The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)
- All Year 12 students will need to purchase a VTAC Guide
- The VTAC Guide is available from local newsagents
- Applications can be made on the Internet or the Infoline.