COVID-19 presents many challenges for learning in 2020. To help ensure continuity of learning for all students, information, handbooks, and resources of students and parents are available here.
This page contains resources and information about COVID-19 Learning at Wheelers Hill Secondary College for all students and parents. This information is also available via Compass.
Following advice from the Victorian Government, all students will continue with Remote Learning until the end of Term 3 (Friday, September 18th).
VCE students will resume face-to-face learning in Term 4, which will commence on Monday, October 12th. Students in other Year levels will restume face-to-face learning later in Term 4 (date TBC by the state government, dependent on COVID case numbers).
Wheelers Hill will provide on-site supervision of students who are unable to learn from home. Please consult the information posted to Compass if you require your child to be supervised on-site, or contact the College directly on (03) 9561 5811.
Information about how Remote Teaching and Learning will be delivered to all students is available in the updated Remote Learning Handbook, which can be accessed using the button below:
Students and Parents in VCE and attending face to face classes may download information about updated safety procedures and policies from the buttons below:
How do I contact the school?
- Parents will need to contact the office before coming onsite via email or telephone. Please be patient as our Admin staff may be experiencing a high volume of queries.
- During pick up and drop off, parents are not permitted on school grounds and are encouraged to stay in their cars for their own safety.
- No non-essential visitors to the College will be permitted without an approved appointment.
- Please check your Compass Newsfeed regularly.
- Compass Newsfeed items containing important updates or school policy changes will be posted between 4pm and 5pm each day by the College Principal (as needed).
What will my child's learning look like?
- Learning tasks will be available on Compass, as well as your child’s relevant digital classroom on Teams.
- Encourage your child to check their Class and Year Level Teams regularly, to communicate with their teachers and Coordinators.
- Learning will continue to be supported by digital platforms where possible – we want to make sure we avoid as much unnecessary contact to protect the health and safety of all members of the community.
- Students will not be able to access their lockers until further notice, and must carry their bags with them to each class. Please assist them in ensuring that all the necessary textbooks and equipment (including drink bottle, pens, pencils, laptop charger, and their fully-charged laptop) are packed into their bag each day.
How do I communicate with my child's teacher?
- Parents can contact their child’s teacher through Compass.
- Please correspond with your child’s teacher via Compass email before calling the school to speak with them or scheduling a face-to-face meeting.
- Parents can check the Weekly Year Level Bulletin, posted each Monday, for important information about their child’s Year Level.
What if my child feels sick?
- If your child wakes up feeling unwell, they must not come to school. Unwell students exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, or shortness of breath, should seek medical advice.
- If your child feels unwell during the day, your child will be isolated for the day and sent home if necessary.
Resources for Remote Learning can be found on the links below. We will continue to use many of the technological resources used as part of Remote Learning in our face-to-face teaching from this point onwards.