Face-to-Face learning for Term 2 has begun at Wheeler Hill Secondary College! Information, handbooks, and resources of students and parents are available here.
This page contains resources and information about COVID-19 Learning at Wheelers Hill Secondary College for all students and parents. This information is also available via Compass.
Following advice from the Victorian Government on Tuesday 12 May, some students will be returning to school from Tuesday, 26 May. The Victorian Chief Health Officer has advised that it is safe for Victorian school students and teachers to return to on-site schooling in a two-staged approach:
Stage 1 – from Tuesday 26 May
Early years students (Prep to Grade 2) and senior secondary students (Year 11 and 12) undertaking the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL), and all specialist school students will return to on-site schooling. All staff will attend on-site.
Stage 2 - from Tuesday 9 June
Grade 3 to Year 10 students will return to on-site schooling, subject to health advice. The Department’s latest advice on can be found here.
How do I contact the school?
- Parents will need to contact the office before coming onsite via email or telephone. Please be patient as our Admin staff may be experiencing a high volume of queries.
- During pick up and drop off, parents are not permitted on school grounds and are encouraged to stay in their cars for their own safety.
- No non-essential visitors to the College will be permitted without an approved appointment.
- Please check your Compass Newsfeed regularly.
- Compass Newsfeed items containing important updates or school policy changes will be posted between 4pm and 5pm each day by the College Principal (as needed).
What will my child's learning look like?
- Learning tasks will be available on Compass, as well as your child’s relevant digital classroom on Teams.
- Encourage your child to check their Class and Year Level Teams regularly, to communicate with their teachers and Coordinators.
- Learning will continue to be supported by digital platforms where possible – we want to make sure we avoid as much unnecessary contact to protect the health and safety of all members of the community.
- Students will not be able to access their lockers until further notice, and must carry their bags with them to each class. Please assist them in ensuring that all the necessary textbooks and equipment (including drink bottle, pens, pencils, laptop charger, and their fully-charged laptop) are packed into their bag each day.
How do I communicate with my child's teacher?
- Parents can contact their child’s teacher through Compass.
- Please correspond with your child’s teacher via Compass email before calling the school to speak with them or scheduling a face-to-face meeting.
- Parents can check the Weekly Year Level Bulletin, posted each Monday, for important information about their child’s Year Level.
What if my child feels sick?
- If your child wakes up feeling unwell, they must not come to school. Unwell students exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, or shortness of breath, should seek medical advice.
- If your child feels unwell during the day, your child will be isolated for the day and sent home if necessary.
Resources for Remote Learning can be found on the links below. We will continue to use many of the technological resources used as part of Remote Learning in our face-to-face teaching from this point onwards.