This page contains resources and information about COVID-19 Learning at Wheelers Hill Secondary College for all students and parents. This information is also available via Compass.
Following advice from the Victorian State Government, all students in Years 7 - 12 will undertake a program of remote learning during the "ciruit breaker" lockdown, commencing Saturday, February 13th and concluding at midnight Wednesday, February 17th.
No students will be required on campus from Monday, February 15th to Wednesday, February 17th. Students will engage in a modified program of classes during this time; please consult Compass for more information.
Students requiring supervision may attend on-site learning. Please check Compass for information if you require your child to be supervised during this time.
Please check this page regularly for updates, as commencement dates may change with short notice, dependent on COVID case numbers and guidance from the Victorian State Government.
Wheelers Hill will provide on-site supervision of students who are unable to learn from home. Please consult the information posted to Compass if you require your child to be supervised on-site, or contact the College directly on (03) 9561 5811.
Information about how Remote Teaching and Learning will be delivered to all students is available in the updated Remote Learning Handbook, which can be downloaded on Compass.
Students and Parents may download information about the COVID safety procedures and policies from 2020 using the buttons below:
The following information relates to procedures from Term 1, 2021. These may change oftern as the Department of Education provides further guidance regarding COVID-19.
How do I contact the school?
- Parents will need to contact the office before coming onsite via email or telephone. Please be patient as our Admin staff may be experiencing a high volume of queries.
- During pick up and drop off, parents are not permitted on school grounds and are encouraged to stay in their cars for their own safety.
- No non-essential visitors to the College will be permitted without an approved appointment.
- Please check your Compass Newsfeed regularly.
- Compass Newsfeed items containing important updates or school policy changes will be posted between 4pm and 5pm each day by the College Principal (as needed).
What will my child's learning look like?
- Learning tasks will be available on Compass, as well as your child’s relevant digital classroom on Teams.
- Encourage your child to check their Class and Year Level Teams regularly, to communicate with their teachers and Coordinators.
- Learning will continue to be supported by digital platforms where possible – we want to make sure we avoid as much unnecessary contact to protect the health and safety of all members of the community.
- Students will not be able to access their lockers until further notice, and must carry their bags with them to each class. Please assist them in ensuring that all the necessary textbooks and equipment (including drink bottle, pens, pencils, laptop charger, and their fully-charged laptop) are packed into their bag each day.
- Students must wear a face mask while on school grounds.
- Social distancing will be observed both in and out of the classroom, and classes (where possible) may take place in alternate learning spaces, including outside.
How do I communicate with my child's teacher?
- Parents can contact their child’s teacher through Compass.
- Please correspond with your child’s teacher via Compass email before calling the school to speak with them or scheduling a face-to-face meeting.
- Parents can check the Weekly Year Level Bulletin, posted each Monday, for important information about their child’s Year Level.
What if my child feels sick?
- If your child wakes up feeling unwell, they must not come to school. Unwell students exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, or shortness of breath, should seek medical advice.
- If your child feels unwell during the day, your child will be isolated for the day and sent home if necessary.
Resources for Remote Learning can be found on the links below. We will continue to use many of the technological resources used as part of Remote Learning in our face-to-face teaching from this point onwards.